Friday 13 October 2017

Maps and Networks - Initial Ideas

The title Maps and Networks seemed a bit confusing to me at first, and I wasn't sure which approach to take at all. I wanted to think of a project that really fit the theme but I wasn't sure how to get the research behind it.

Alice and I have once again decided to collaborate, as we have similar ideas and work well together. 

After a few conversations together we have decided that we want to explore the idea of female oppression, the male gaze, women having a voice and other themes of feminism. We have looked at a few artists in seminars and in our own time to be able to explore this idea further. 

I want to look further into artists such as;
  • Jemima Stehli
  • Bill Viola
  • Emily Knecht
I also want to do some exploration into other artists that explore ideas of feminism and women in art. I have also been thinking about looking at the work of female artists and how they are regarded in the art world.

Alice and I also thought about looking at the way women are seen in the public eye, such as celebrities and public figures. This research wouldn't necessarily revolve around art, but rather some background context for our idea and maybe some inspiration into how we want to tackle the idea of women oppression.

Artist research to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment