Tuesday 6 March 2018

Inspiration - Dance Film

When thinking about color in the dance film, I instantly thought of Wes Andersen, one of my favourite directors. His work has always been inspiring to me as I love his use of color and the overall compositions of his scenes. He always uses really bold colors and his work is very symmetrical throughout his films. This is something I would like to challenge myself to achieve. I also want to use really bold colors and maybe experiment with gel lighting, which is something I haven't really done before.

I have added some images to give an example of his style.




With regards to music videos and color, I looked at the video for Hotline Bling, by Drake. The lighting in this video is very soft and he uses very soft pastel colors to take over the video, as they are the main aspect of the scene.
The video itself is very simplistic, only featuring a handful of dancers, however it's still really effective and a really interesting video to watch.




These examples are each very influential in how I want to make the dance piece, with a good use of color and a simplistic style, yet effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment