Monday 20 February 2017

Shoot 2

I went into my second shoot just thinking about all the artists I'd looked at, and with an idea of testing out some different compositions for my photographs. I had to set the camera up on the bed beside me, and as I couldn't really see the framing that well, as I was taking pictures of myself, I sort of had to guess what I would end up capturing.

Ribs

This photo above is probably my favourite out of these three. I really like it because it captures the curves of my ribs and the shadows on my skin from the lighting. I'm not too fond of the background as it has a lot of different things in it, whereas I'd prefer to just have a plain wall so you aren't distracted from the main focus.

Face

I really like how close up I managed to get this image, and because of the flash it made my face really show up, showing all the marks and blemishes on my skin. I like it, but I don't at the same time. I think it makes the photo rather intrusive because it's so close up, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. I don't really like the composition of this photo, and I wish I could relate it more to the example of Nan Goldin's work where she takes an image of a face but has the shadow of the camera over it.

Back

I like this photo because it just captures the skin really nicely. I would have preferred to have been lying on a white sheet because then it wouldn't make the image appear so dark, however because of the dark sheets it does make my skin stand out and makes it more clear.

These were the three best photos from the shoot, but even still I don't really like how they turned out. I am planning on doing another shoot with me and another person so that I can have some variation in the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment