Friday 3 March 2017

Final Experimental Sound

I have finalised my experimental sound to represent 'Obnoxious Liberals' by Jean-Michel Basquait.  I am really pleased with how it turned out in the end, even thought I had to restart several times in the edit as I was unhappy multiple times throughout the process.


use of adobe audition to edit
I used Adobe Audition to construct and finalise my experimental sound. From the screenshot above you can see that I layered some of my sounds on top of each other, to create a continuous sound. I also faded some of them in and out to gain my desired effect.
Using effects such as reverbs and pitch shifting was really fun, as I could create a whole new sound just from a recording of an everyday sound. I really enjoyed trying out all the different effects. 

I had a bit of a struggle when I realised I needed to lower the overall volume of the master track, but quickly overcame this by watching a tutorial on youtube.

Finalised Experimental Sound


When looking at Basquait's 'Obnoxious Liberals' I wanted to experiment with fluctuating pitches and effects, which I think I have achieved. The image made me feel somewhat uncomfortable  as it's very rough and almost scratchy and when I look at it I get some sort of eerie vibe but I still really love the way it looks and that it makes me feel these things. I think my sound really does suit the image and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment