Friday 3 March 2017

Presentation of Portraits Project

I have decided that I want to present my photographs for the portraits project using bulldog clips, as I think it looks simple yet effective.
I only have three images and I think that hanging them together with the clips will keep the attention on the images.



I looked at some images on google for examples of this and found the two images above. The second image is more of what I'm going for, as I want my images to be hung in a straight line, however I don't mind if this is landscape or portrait.

I also read on some forums about how to present work for an exhibition, and lots of people spoke positively about this method.

As my images are printed in A4, I think this method suits them better than mounting them on foam board, as it gives them a more delicate feel for their size.

Portrait title: Intimacy
Artist Statement: My concept for this portraits project was to explore the unconventional ideas of intimacy, similar to artists such as Emily Knecht and Nan Goldin. Focusing on the skin and having the photographs taken on a bed, I feel like this series captures a new look at what the word ‘intimate’ can express but also shows how portraiture doesn’t have to be of the face to capture a personal photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment