Friday 28 April 2017

Twin Screen - Left Screen Development

After looking over my first attempt at creating my left screen I reconsidered how I wanted to make it, thinking about what else I could put inside the iPhone screen.

I came up with the idea of putting my face inside the screen also, to match up with the background footage, but glitching it so it played differently.



The screenshot above shows the pre-composition I made after I was happy with the edit I had created. I placed the iPhone on top of the footage and use the draw tool to cut out the screen in order to be able to place footage 'inside' it. I then added the same footage, but zoomed it in to fit the screen and match up with the background, just showing my face inside  the phone. 



This screenshot shows how I created the glitch. I downloaded some copyright free footage of a glitching screen to use for the moving glitch. With the footage I created an adjustment layer and added the preset effect displacement map onto it, this then made the glitch appear through my footage. 

I then added the 'set channels' so I could play around with the colours emitted through each channel of the footage. This is how I created the coloured footage. I then just moved them around so they weren't displayed perfectly on top of each other which allowed each individual colour to be seen. This also worked well with the glitch. 

This is the free stock footage I used:


Here is what I created:


The idea behind it is that we live through our mobile phones, which is why I wanted to have my face seen on the phone screen, glitching as if it is being affected.

I am really pleased with how this screen edit came out and I want to use it in my final twin screen. I will need to edit it further for the final twin screen as I need to make it loop for the duration of my final piece and cut off the ending slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment