Wednesday 14 March 2018

VFX Edit - Stage 4

This is when I totally refined my edit. I am happy with the way the lines turned out with the pen tool, and my use of text. Now I wanted to add some more visual effects to really bring the whole thing together.

When looking at the lines I thought they looked rather bland, like something was missing. So after trying out a load of different effects from the effects panel, I found one which was rather interesting. 
I found an effect called 'fog lights', which created a different texture to the lines. I added it to all the lines I had drawn and just edited the colours in which it would appear, to match the gold but with some white highlights. This really brought all the lines to life, and made them more interesting when they draw onto the screen.



I also made sure all my key frames were set accurately so everything would appear at different times and all compliment each other. Also, in order to add the desired fog lights effect to all the lines, I had to put them into a pre-composition so they were all grouped together, and I could easily apply the effect to them as one.


The video below shows the title opening now with the fog light effect added onto the drawing lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment