Wednesday 14 March 2018

VFX Edit - Stage 3

Stage Three for my edit of The Great Gatsby was to add text to the edit. I downloaded a few fonts that I thought looked similar to the font already used, as I didn't want to give up too easily and use the exact font.




I tried out each of these fonts on my composition but after a lot of fiddling around I decided that I wasn't happy with any of them, as they just didn't create the desired effect I was looking for. 
I then decided to create a mask layer over the image I had used to help me draw the lines, so I could use the actual font but just add some of my own edits to it.
Then I knew I wanted the text to fade in, so I used the effects panel to find a text effect that would blur the text to give it a bit more mystery as it faded in.
I key framed this effect and the opacity to create the desired look I wanted.


No comments:

Post a Comment