Monday 14 November 2016

Shoot 1

This was the first shoot I did combining the essence of colour filters and actual models. I was able to take some images that I am proud of, however out of the shoot of 114 images, I am not pleased with a lot of them.


This was one of the first candid shots I took, with an orange filter. I like it because the photo isn't posed, its natural and you can clearly see that. I made sure that I had a composition I liked before I took the photo. I think because the orange filter is so strong, it makes the image more interesting.


I then decided that I want to focus on close ups of the face, to bring in that intimacy. I loved using the orange and pink filters as they gave me the strongest colours on the image. I really like this image because once again it wasn't set up, it was entirely natural.


I added this image to show the contrast between the filters. The image above was taken using the blue filter. Although I like this image in its own way, I don't really like how it makes the image look cold in comparison to the pink image, which is more feminine and bright. I feel as though this filter doesn't suit this image, but could work with a different subject.



I then attempted to take some self portraits using the two filters I liked the most. I much prefer the extreme close up, as I think it forces the viewer to interact with the image. This is something I'd like to do more of. I feel like extreme close ups can be a good way to also capture identity, as you can really capture the detail in someones face or the marks on their skin, piercings, hair, makeup etc.

The pink and orange filters were definitely my favourite.

Here are some more images I took and liked:











Here are some images I took, and I didn't like:












1 comment:

  1. Hi Danielle this is really intriguing in your experimentation of filters over the flash. Are the results all achieved in camera? I like the fact that you have two strong colours in the images in some cases - so nothing was manipulated in post? I like the image of the girl with the red face and the pink background - a shame that she isn't quite in focus. The last image is nicely composed and focused but not so keen on the green though. Is there any reason for using the strong filters apart from the pleasure of the beautiful strong colours? They sort of remind me of Andy Warhols multiple portraits.

    ReplyDelete