Monday 30 January 2017

Neil Krug Artist Research

Neil Krug
American artist based in Los Angeles
http://www.neilkrug.com

This artist was recommended to me by my friend Alice, as she thought I would be interested in his work due to his use of colour. Looking at his website I instantly fell in love with his work and his composition of his photographs. His use of colour is really original in each project he's worked on and that keeps his work interesting.

His website leaves him somewhat a mystery, as it doesn't have a lot of information about himself, however I looked at some of the articles that he has referenced on his site to learn more about him and his work.

Finding out that he is self taught in film and photography was really inspiring to me, showing that he can come from a background of no idea what he's doing and still create such beautiful images, made me realise that I can do pretty much anything if I put my mind to it.

My favourite project that I looked at from his site was titled Rose Syrup. The images are just of hands, however I found them extremely beautiful and I love the bold colours and the crop of the images.
http://www.neilkrug.com/Rose-Syrup


Rose Syrup

Rose Syrup

I really want to recreate my own series of images inspired by these, as I'm really attracted to this shoot.
I am sure he is going to be my main inspiration for my portraits project, because although not all of his work is of people, or portraiture, I am inspired in so many ways by his art that I want to be influenced by him and develop this inspiration into my own style.

No comments:

Post a Comment