Wednesday 1 February 2017

Intimacy - Portraits Research

I've realised that my favourite photography is really intimate shots of people. Not all intimacy means an exposed body, but also shots of people that just look comfortable around the camera and the photographer, meaning the images are more personal and candid shots that you wouldn't get if you were posing a model for a shoot.

For example I spoke before about the work of Emily Knecht and her series of images titled Girls. These images are the sort of intimacy I'm talking about, just the subject looking comfortable and natural around the camera. 


GIRLS by Emily Knecht

I also found another artist who's work I instantly fell in love with. Kiele Twarowski also captures such intimacy in her work. She also has a series called Girls, which has some really beautiful images in it. 

Girls by Kiele Twarowski

Girls by Kiele Twarowski

These images are so beautiful and well composed. I love the softness of the image and how close up the shots are. These images come across as so intimate and comfortable even though the models aren't necessarily showing off their bodies. I love how Twarowski has framed each one.
She also has a series called Intimacy, and the images demonstrate this unconventional idea I was talking about.

Intimacy by Kiele Twarowski
Intimacy by Kiele Twarowski
Intimacy by Kiele Twarowski
Intimacy by Kiele Twarowski

These images show close ups of the skin, using both males and females. There is something so beautiful about these images, which makes me love the series even more. Each of the images compliment each other and work well as a series.

http://www.kieletwarowski.com

I would love to be able to take images that are as beautiful as this, however I think I'll find it quite hard, but I'm willing to give it a try.

I also just really like the appearance of skin in photographs, making it look so smooth and almost dreamy. I looked at some images on tumblr that really influenced this idea and that I admired. It's just annoying because there is no credit to the photographers, so I can't look into more of their work, however sometimes they are just one off photos taken by the users.









All of the images above just really inspire me to try new angles to capture images that are so graceful and have such beauty and intimacy within them. I'm going to take some shots hoping to achieve a look similar to all of the images I have gotten my inspiration from.

No comments:

Post a Comment